Tuesday 29 July 2014

Dummy

Out of my group of friends, I would have to be the dumbest person I know. They all have high flying careers, a pile of money and more frequent flyer points than all the ducks that fly south for the winter. I am a middle age woman who has gone back to school to try to so something with the second half on my life. Oh the shame (I thought) oh the class rooms, oh the home work and ohhhh the young surrounding me!!!!! I stayed in my little corner trying to wrap my head around this new life; until I had to do a group presentation!!!! Ahhhhhh
I did what I had to do, I did the home work, I did the presentations and I wrote the essays AND  low and behold I got A's!!!! What?? I have never had an A in my life!!! Not in primary school, not in high school and here I am nailing it at university!
These A's gave me the courage to come for another year. Now that I know people enjoy reading my writing I am an unstoppable machine.
The Bendigo Writers festival is an event I can go to now and here others who thought like me. Sure, some are accomplished, published writers but they are no longer intimidating, they are no longer from another world. We all enjoy the written and spoken word, wether it is a novel or a song. I am so very grateful for this experience and I no longer want to hide under a rock!
Mwa Mwa Mindy Moore.

1 comment:

  1. Great post- it's almost like you've been looking in my windows ;). Looking forward to meeting you at the festival

    http://words-in-print.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

    ReplyDelete