Saturday 9 August 2014

RANDOM WOMAN

Upon arrival at the Capital Theatre this morning at 9am I was confronted with what I thought was an 'artistic installation'.  A middle age woman was perched on the grand steps surrounded by papers with scribble and illegible writing. A poet? A writer? A busker? Surely she had to be an artist of some description to be at the BWF putting on a performance. As I pretended to wait for someone I tried to read her writings but it was impossible, until I walked around the other side of her and there were words I could read! She had written, "sit down and have a drink with me". WHAT??? It was early in the morning as she sat in the cold with an almost empty bottle of red.
Her teeth stained pink with wine, head bobbing side to side, eyes unable to focus. It wasn't long until she was asked to move on by security.
You never know what you are going to get at a festival!!
Mindy Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment